This is a very simple recipe that I think you will enjoy. It’s easiest if you start with steamed shrimp and then prepare add the rest of the seasonings. We enjoyed this as a picnic on the beach, but you could easily serve as an appetizer or first course over some greens. The Healy Rosé from Bledsoe Vineyards was the perfect companion with the seafood on a hot summer night!
- 11/2 lbs steamed shrimp, rough chop
- 2 celery ribs, fine dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, fine dice
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
If possible, have your fish monger steam the shrimp for you. All is the shrimp to cool enough so you can peel it. In a bowl, combine all the mix-ins with the peeled, chopped shrimp. Stir to combine. Add chopped tomato just before serving. Spoon the shrimp over some greens for a first course or serve with some crackers as an appetizer. Can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!