These cookies have a perfect amount of oatmeal to give them some great texture but still remain chewy and delicious. I love the two kinds of chocolate and it’s nice to find two different sized chips for variety. I love guittard extra large in the milk chocolate. They melt beautifully. Happy baking!
Yield 18-20 cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour ( I love Bobs Red Mill Pastry flour)
- ½ cup extra thick rolled oats (I love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for several minutes. Add eggs, vanilla blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until well blended. With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Portion dough with in a ball with 2 heaping tablespoons. Space about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool for minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Reblogged this on Iguanodon & Chameleon.
Have I told you how much we love these cookies? yummy!
I am so glad and I agree enough oatmeal for texture but not overwhelming! ❤️