This quick sauce drizzled over shrimp is spiced up with Korean hot sauce for a delicious quick prep that will treat your taste buds to some Asian flavor. I served mine with gingery brown rice, roasted broccoli and a spinach salad for a wonderful no fuss weeknight meal.
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon s gochujang sauce (Korean hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions for garnish
In a small saucepan, place all ingredients for sauce together and heat on medium low, whisking well until sauce is smooth and heated through. keep warm while you sauté shrimp.
Heat a large skillet with a tablespoon of oil on medium high. Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper. Sauté shrimp for about 3-4 minutes a side until cooked through. Transfer prepared sauce that is still warm into a bowl with sautéed shrimp to coat with sauce. Serve immediately garnishing with minced scallions.