A great combination of chocolate and toffee make these cookies delicious and worth the effort of gathering all the different kinds of chocolate. A perfect treat to share with your favorite cookie lover. Using good quality chocolate is a critical part of the recipe. Trader Joe’s has a delicious Belgian Milk Chocolate bar that is wonderful and highly recommended if you don’t have a particular favorite.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I love Bob’s Red Mill Pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces heath bars, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces Belgian milk chocolate, roughly chopped (trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet morsels
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Using a mixture with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Reduce speed of mixer and add egg and vanilla until well incorporated. Add flour mixture and mix on low. Fold in chocolates and heath bar. Using a 2 inch ice cream scoop ( or about 2 tablespoons of dough,scoop dough in a ball. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the middle of your oven until just cooked and tops are beginning to crackle. Remove from oven. Let cool 5 minutes, transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!