This is an easy weeknight dinner that is a great topping over rice. Use your favorite smoked sausage and I love the rainbow array of bell peppers which add great color to this easy dish that will have your meat lovers in your orbit obsessed!
- 5 smoked sausages, (I used kielbasa), but choose your favorite and slice horizontally
- 3 or 4 bell peppers (I like a combo of red, yellow, orange and green )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- Microgreens or parsley for serving
Heat a large skillet with oil on medium heat, add the sliced sausages to skillet and sauté, flipping constantly so they brown evenly, about 7-10 minutes. Cook over medium-high, flipping regularly. Add bell peppers, onions to skillet. Continue to cook over medium-high, stirring often, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic, salt, pepper and seasonings. Continue to sauté until vegetables are well coated in tomato paste and mixture is aromatic and tender (an additional few minutes). Stir in stock and vinegar. Bring to a simmer, return sausages to skillet, reduce heat and cover. Allow sausage mixture to simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Garnish with microgreens as desired and serve over rice and crusty bread.
This was incredible! Put sausage and peppers over dirty rice and it was outstanding! Thank you!
So happy you loved it and dirty rice sounds like a perfect companion!