Love artichokes and if you can find the frozen ones, they are really the best in my opinion. If not, use the canned ones and drain and rinse them. The Rosemary adds a nice earthy flavor to the dish. I love to serve with rice, but pasta would work as well.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 10 ounce bag quartered artichokes, quartered and thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, on the vine if possible
- 4 chopped shallots
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 ¼ cup dry white wine
- A few sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Rosemary
Preheat oven to 375. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down and cook until well browned on each side, about 3 -4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Decrease the heat to medium. Add the shallots and a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chopped rosemary and sauté for an additional minute. Raise the heat and add the wine to pan to deglaze the pot, stirring to loosen any bits stuck to the pot. Return the chicken to the pan along with artichokes and tomatoes.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake in oven for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh Rosemary sprigs. Serve with rice and enjoy!