This is a great recipe to make use of leftover grilled chicken and a simple recipe with just a few ingredients. A great weeknight meal. If you can’t find Asian noodles, choose angel hair pasta. I found some fresh Asian noodles in the market no they were perfect with this dish. Make sure you slice the chicken in thin strips as it blends in easily with the noodles.
- 8 ounces Asian noodles
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped scallions, white and 1/3 of green parts, plus a few for garnish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 -1/2 cup salted peanuts
- microgreens for garnish, optional
In a medium skillet, heat oils on medium high until shimmering. Add the raw garlic and scallions stir-frying until fragrant but not browned, just a few seconds. Stir in soy, oyster sauce and chili garlic sauce and strips of chicken. Keep warm while you prepare noodles according to package directions, reserving about a half a cup of cooking liquid. Add the noodles to skillet and toss to coat using some cooking liquid as needed allowing noodles to absorb sauce. Stir in peanuts.
Divide noodles in wide bowls, garnish with extra scallions and microgreens if using. Enjoy!