This is a lovely earthy side dish that would be great for fish or chicken and a great companion on a picnic. It’s fresh and filled with roasted vegetable flavor and easy to prepare. It also happens to be vegan and delicious. If you don’t like farro, you could easily substitute with quinoa or even bulgar wheat for a variation.
- 1 cup farro
- 8 ounces quartered frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, skinned and roughly chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn, steamed and kernels removed from cob
- 1 cup pitted castelvetrano green olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from about 1 medium lemon)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Toss the artichoke quarters with salt and pepper and toss in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes until beginning to become golden and tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Prepare Farro according to package directions. Drain and set side.
In a large bowl, combine farro, and remaining ingredients to the bowl. Whisk together all ingredients for dressing and add to farro mixture and toss to combine. Farro can be served cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!