Love a great salad and this summer salad has wonderful melon, fresh crispy cucumbers, creamy avocado and bright mint. I use just a little white balsamic vinaigrette as a dressing. This vinegar is available on Amazon if you can’t find it in your local market. Easy, pretty and delightful!
- 8 ounces baby lettuce
- 1/2 chilled cantaloupe, sliced in thin segments, seeds and rind removed
- 3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 handful torn mint leaves (adjust to taste, I love plenty)
- Black sesame seeds, optional
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Alessi white balsamic reduction vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
On a large platter, arrange the baby lettuce in an even layer. Lay the melon on top of lettuce in a layer,then add cucumber sliced avocado and torn mint leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the oil and vinegar together in a mixing cup and drizzle over salad giving it a light toss. Enjoy!