This salad gets a boost from these crispy ravioli that add a great crunch and help make this salad a meal along with the lemony shrimp. I selected spinach ricotta ravioli but you could select your favorite variety. I paired the salad with a lemon vinaigrette and a hint of parmesan to add the Italian flair, but choose your own favorite dressing. You may have some extra ravioli, but you can keep them to snack on or reheat them in the oven to throw in your salad as leftovers. Use a nice variety of greens, mine included, romaine, kale and baby lettuce. I find that helps add great texture and color to the salad.
- 10 ounces refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup finely ground panko
- 2+teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Canola oil for frying
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon neutral sauté oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
for salad and dressing:
- 12 -14 ounces favorite greens ( any variety)
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sautéed baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Alessi white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a large platter arrange your greens along with remaining vegetables. Take bottom 7 ingredients for your lemon vinaigrette dressing and whisk together in a large mixing cup until well incorporated. Set aside while you prepare ravioli and shrimp.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl. Place the finely ground panko and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish or plate. Dip each ravioli into the egg mixture to coat and then cover evenly with panko and repeat process. Heat a large heavy bottom sauté pan or cast iron pan with about an inch of oil to 350 degrees. Cook ravioli for about 2 minutes on first side and flipping to cook the other side. Place a little paper towel over parchment and transfer cooked ravioli. Sprinkle with some parmesan and fresh chopped parsley. Keep warm in a low oven (about 250) while you prepare the shrimp.
In a heavy bottom skillet, heat your oil on medium high heat. Pat shrimp dry with paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sauté shrimp for about 3-4 minutes/side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and squeeze fresh lemon juice on shrimp. Sprinkle with red chili flakes if using.
Place your cooked shrimp on the salad along with ravioli and drizzle vinaigrette on the top. Toss to combine and enjoy!