This salad is a great complement to your summer meal. I especially love it with fish, but it will work with almost anything. You can use frozen corn, but I love the chunks of corn that you can get from the fresh corn that is in season now. I take an ear of corn and put it in the microwave for 2 min before removing it from the husk. It’s quick and simple and mess free and takes out the rawness.
- 1 half head green cabbage, finely shredded on a mandoline or by hand
- 1 half red cabbage, finely shredded
- 11/2 cups, shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely shredded
- 1 steamed ear of fresh corn, removed from husk
- 1/2 mashed ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a large mixing cup until smooth and all ingredients are well blended. Toss the slaw with the dressing until well incorporated and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Thanks very much Dorothy!