This is a quick sauce to serve with your seafood that literally takes minutes to prepare and adds a great flavor. You can substitute any white fish like halibut or cod if you don’t have grouper. Serve over steamed rice for a delicious, simple way to enjoy your favorite fish.
- 1 1/2 lbs black grouper (or favorite flaky white fish)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 2” piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1 15 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place fish on prepared sheet. Season fish generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle olive oil on top. Place fish in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Heat a skillet with coconut oil on medium low heat. Add shallot, ginger and jalapeño to the skillet and sauté for 5 or so minutes until tender and fragrant. Add coconut milk and season with some salt and pepper and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and add spinach to wilt. Serve fish over rice and ladle spoonfuls of sauce over fish with sauce on top. Garnish with chopped tomato and enjoy!