- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 23tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced and chopped, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup-1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk cream ricotta
- 11/2 pounds combination seared shrimp and seared scallops
- 6 ounces spinach leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Chopped basil and fresh tomatoes for garnish
In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil and add the leeks and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the wine and stock and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in the ricotta and stir until well distributed. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and keep sauce warm. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about a half cup of cooking liquid. Transfer pasta back to cooking pot and with heat on low, add hot leek sauce to pasta along with cooking liquid, and spinach until the pasta is coated, and spinach is wilted, 3 minutes. Place pasta in bowls, top with seared seafood and garnish with extra Parm, basil and fresh tomato as desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
Comfort food at its finest!!! Just need a nice glass of white wine for total nirvana 💕
Thanks Diane! Stay healthy and I hope you love the recipe!❤️
The shrimp look delicious.
Thank you so much Dorothy!