Love how easily this salad comes together for a quick and delicious meal with great flavor. I used some torn mint leaves and parsley leaves to brighten up the veggies and it was delicious with the chicken, salad and dressing. I add lots of sesame seeds (both white and black) for extra flavor and visual appeal. The sesame oil and rice vinegar in the dressing add an asian flair to the salad. For the chicken, I like to use roasted chicken breast, but you could substitute rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from the night before if that makes your preparation easier. Shredding the chicken, shaving the cabbage, and thinly slicing the other vegetables allows you to perfectly blend all the ingredients. I have a hand slicer that also has a julienne blade. I have learned that although the slicing and cutting is often time consuming, it makes a huge difference in the final product. It is very worth it to invest in a quality set of knives (and keep them sharpened) and quality kitchen tools.
- Roasted, shredded chicken from 2 roasted bone-in chicken breasts (skin and bones discarded)
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups baby lettuce of choice
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and light green parts
- 4 radishes, julienned or thinly sliced, extra for serving
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 handful torn mint leaves
- 1 handful torn parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- Black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
In a large serving bowl, toss together vegetables and shredded chicken to evenly distribute. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place all ingredients for dressing in a 2 cup measuring cup, reserving sesame oil for last. Add sesame oil in steady stream to other ingredients ,whisking constantly to emulsify. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing and enjoy!!!
I love how vibrant this salad is!
Thank you! It’s always nice to have a meal appeal to all the senses!
Love all the fresh ingredients!! Very inviting!
Thank you so much! I do too, delicious and healthy!!