- This is the season of visiting and it is always handy to have a delicious and easy appetizer with some good wine available to offer your guests. I love to use a variety of colored tomatoes, but if you don’t have a variety of colors available, red ones will do just fine. Don’t forget plenty of garlic and basil and a sprinkle of chili on the burrata before serving. Make sure you have a delicious bottle of wine to pour as you mop up the juices of the roasted tomatoes, creamy burrata and with crackers or bread. I selected Sartori di Verona from an Italian winery in the northeastern Veneto region. The winery has a rich family tradition and was an ideal way to begin the cocktail hour and then accompany our dinner of pasta bolognese which followed. Great food and a wonderful regional wine is a perfect way to take the chill out of a late fall evening with good friends. Cheers!
- 1 ball burrata
- 2 pints heirloom tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 bunch basil, finely chopped, plus leaf for garnish
This is making me so hungry! Love great simple dishes like this!!!
A delicious way to enjoy the burrata and good company! Bon appeétit!