Fresh figs are a wonderful addition to this salad, especially in combination with the prosciutto and Manchego. Love this combination of flavors and this salad is so easy to put together and simply delicious. I like to drizzle the lemon and olive oil directly on top just before serving for a fresh presentation.
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, cut in 1/2 inch segments
- 1 Small Boston lettuce, broken in segments
- 8 ounces greens of choice
- 1 cup shaved red cabbage
- 12 fresh mission mission figs
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2-4 ounces shaved manchego
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling on salad
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt and pepper
Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet parchment paper. Snip the top of figs with a scissors in an “x” shape and gently open up the top of the fig. Drizzle with olive oil and honey and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside. In a large platter, arrange greens and intersperse strips of rolled prosciutto in the greens. Shave Manchego on top along with Roasted figs and sprinkle with pine nuts. Drizzle fresh lemon juice and olive oil to taste on salad and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!