This is a lovely salad that is so satisfying — it reminds me of something you might find in a french bistro. The buttermilk adds just the right amount of creaminess to the dressing to blend all the flavors.
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- 10 oz arugula (or other dark leafy green of preference)
- 1 bunch asparagus, rough stems removed
- Olive oil for roasting
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 poached egg
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3-4 tablespoons champagne vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Directions: Preheat oven to 400. Toss asparagus with enough olive oil to coat and toss with salt and pepper and garlic powder if desired. Roast in oven for about 10-15 minutes until asparagus is bright green and tender ( this will depend somewhat on thickness of stalks). Set aside and allow to cool. On a large serving plate, place greens and sliced radishes on plate. Top with roasted asparagus spears, poached eggs and sprinkle with chili flakes. Add dressing, gently break poached eggs to release yolks and serve immediately with warm bread.